Tuesday 31 January 2012

Paris and the end of the Winter sales

For canny shoppers there is still time to grab a bargain in the big stores before the end of the winter sales.

Just as we are about to put January aside, it's time to post my last featured offer for Paris hotels deals and promotions. It may be low season, but people still come to visit Paris all year round. Not in the same numbers as in the summer, of course, but people make a decision to come when the time and opportunity is available to them, and they don't seem to mind that the city is a little colder, a little quieter and lacks some of the lustre of the sunny months.

But that is not all bad. It's quieter .... so now it is far easier to visit many of the popular attractions like the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower without interminable lines and throngs of tourists. It may be colder, but you certainly won't have to be standing out in it for long when it comes to queuing. Now that is a distinct advantage, and something to be considered if you are hesitating or uncertainly toying with the thought of visiting at this time of year.

Also remember that Paris is the city of romance - in my book anyhow - and what better place to spend Valentine's Day other than in beautiful Paris where affectionate hearts seem to be at one with the soul of the city. Just watch young lovers - they are as much part of the city landscape as any monument, building or park. I think, if romance is in your mind, then you couldn't choose a better destination.

Oh, yes. Shops ... shops and sales. February brings the end of the winter sales. There is time to still get a bargain. Printemps, Galeries Lafayette and the other major stores all have big markdowns and you could find exactly what you are looking for at prices that reduce to genuine cost-cut deals. Keen shoppers can snipe a sizeable bag-full. I write with enthusiasm, but in truth I am dragged and coerced through so many stores during the sales by my wife's trance-like compulsion for shopping that I feel I'm being led around by halter and reins.

But don't let my dubious feelings on the matter detract from your potential enjoyment. Fun is where you find it. It's just that for me, at least, you can get too much of a good thing .... and I hasten to add that whatever good there is can be best appreciated by a serial mega-shopper like my wife, but not by me.

For the end of January then, here is the current promotion -



No comments:

Post a Comment